4BT Motor Mounts
There are two sides to the motor mounts. Engine side and frame side. The engine side mounts came with the motor, I kept them when I removed the engine from the stepvan.
Note: There are two sets of mount holes in the block. A set of three forward set holes and a set of four holes set in the middle of the motor. I used the forward set.
Here’s a pic of the motor mounts on the frame side.
After about 4-8 hours of fab work fitting and pulling the motor in and out about 5 times I finally got it to a position I was happy with.
Here’s a few more pics of the mock-up process:
- The engine side mounts are offset to allow the motor to have an 8° tilt. I offset my frame side mounts to account for this offset making the motor level once again.
- I modified my passenger side upper control arm bracket to make room for the starter.
- In order to use the SM465 I had to cut a considerable amount of the trans tunnel out of the cab of the jeep under the dash.. almost 10″.
- I fabbed the mounts out of cardboard first and then built them out of metal.
- Make sure you driveline is angle where you want it. Then mock up your mounts.
- Here are the isolators I used: Anchor 2469 Front Left Mount
- The slots for the mount bolts were drilled and cut later my slots were about 2.5-3″ long.